Thursday, December 9, 2010

Remembering MOM

Has it really been 2 years ago since you passed?  Where does the time go.  I still miss you madly.  So much has happened that I would like you to have been apart of.  But then again, you were probably already there smiling down upon us.   I love you!  You were a good mother.

It's my first day back to work after having had 3 days off.   The first day is always the worst.   Back in a uniform.  Up at 4:20 am.  I'll be exhausted by the time I get home.   Almost always NO cooking on my first day back at work.  So I started out on the Fire/Medical side of things then at 11:00 moved over to police.  Not the ease into the program I was hoping for.  On a brighter note.  I am only working 3 days then I will be off for 5.  And those 5 days I must get all my shopping and wrapping completed.

My daughter Madison is in a DanceTech Studio performance on Saturday evening and I am really looking forward to this.  It is the first time she has performed since my mother passed away 2 years ago.    This group will also be preforming for the elderly at Birchwood Nursing Home on Monday evening.  How fun.

Weather Forecast is Snow on Saturday and Bone chilling air.   I must remember to get some Baileys. 

Kudo's to my BFF Julie.  She interrupted her schedule today to make a delivery of my desire.  Gotta love her.  Like Ophra said of Gayle King.  She is the sister I wish I had. And a friend that everyone deserves to have.  Tissue please.

I was just informed that tomorrow is a NON uniform day.  Now if I only had clothes that fit.

I spent about 5 hours the other night preparing my "studio" for up coming productions.  hee hee  I swear I put more time into rearranging paper than anything else.  I had items to put away from the Operation Santa Tag event too.  Also I am the coordinator for an upcoming Stamp and Scrap Retreat.  It is the Weekend of Jan 7-9, 2011 at Lake Place Lodge in Wisconsin   her is the link http://www.lakeplacelodge.com/ I have been to this particular place 2 other times.  Beautiful place.  I will be posting more about this as the date approaches.

Thank goodness today is payday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment